Famous Gang

!?

Friday, April 23, 2010

Why I'm Going to Be Famous

Who the hell is this kid?

Hi, my name is Rhetoric. I'm an MC and UNC-Chapel Hill student. I have been seriously pursuing hip hop for about a year now, and have been involved with the music industry in one format or another for the last five years.

I'm sure a handful of you out there pondered that questions as soon as you saw the domain name I purchased. Why. I'm. Going. To. Be. Famous. Let me spell it out for you: I purchased this website, created this blog, and co-founded a crew known as #famousgang all in support of my insane rapping/producing/creating addiction.

Why am I going to be famous?

Because I work harder than you.

Why am I going to be famous?

Because I believe in myself more than you do.

Why am I going to be famous?

Because I understand how the music industry works on a microcosmic scale due to years of grinding as a DIY-Songwriter/concert promoter and booker.

Why am I going to be famous?

Because I have 1,000 dollars worth of recording equipment on deck now.

Why am I going to be famous?

I'll tell you why: because I'm amazing, hungry for more, and on the prowl to take over the game. My ambition alongside my main man Nick at Nite has created our hip hop duo: Eclectic.

Eclectic is the next Little Brother/Clipse/Erik B and Rakim/Red and Meth.

We are different.

On top of all that, #famousgang is really becoming its own entity. As cofounder of #famousgang with @upgrayedhitz I am proud to have a squad of relentless intellectuals prowling the interwebs nad constantly hunting for a new way to get the word out about Rhetoric.

I'm one of the best MC's coming up in the game. I'm motivated. I'm well equipped. And I have nothing but time right now - I'm only 19.

And That's Why I'm Going to be Famous.

No comments:

Post a Comment